Ingrid Cecilia Espinosa Sánchez
Head of the Internal Control Office
Lawyer from Universidad del Sinú, specialized in Administrative Law at the Universidad Externado de Colombia and in Agricultural Law at the same university (in process). She is also Specialist in Labor Law and Social Security from the Universidad Sergio Arboleda.
She has significant public sector experience, particularly involving legal, administrative and organizational matters. Her positions include working for the Legal Office of Carbones de Colombia S.A. (CARBOCOL), and in the Legal Advisory Division of the Empresa Colombiana de Carbón (ECOCARBON), for a period of approximately eight years.
Over a period of four years, she was linked to the Financiera de Desarrollo Territorial FINDETER S.A., where she served as the Head of the Legal Assistance Office, Acting General Secretary on two occasions and Head of the Human Resources Division.
She later served as an Advisor to the General Management of the Instituto Colombiano de Desarrollo Rural (INCODER) in administrative matters and also performed her duties as the Deputy Manager of Productive and Social Development. At this time, she remains linked to the Ministry of Mines and Energy since the year 2009 by serving as the Head of the Internal Control Office.
According to Decree 381 of 2012: Article 10. Duties of the Internal Control Office: In addition to those established by the currently valid laws on the subject, the duties of the Internal Control Office are:
1. Advising and supporting the Minister and the other areas of the organization in developing and implementing the Internal Control System, presenting recommendations for improvements.
2. Developing instruments and undertaking strategies for promoting a culture of self-control that contributes to improving service provision with the jurisdiction of the Ministry.
3. Planning and organizing the independent evaluation of the Internal Control System and the Management of the Ministry.
4. Verifying that the Internal Control System is formally established within the organization and that its exercise is intrinsic to the development of the duties corresponding to all job positions, particularly those with leadership responsibilities.
5. Verifying compliance with policies, norms, procedures, plans, programs, projects and goals within the Ministry, recommending relevant adjustments and carrying out follow-up over their implementation.
6. Advising different offices in the identification and prevention of the risks that may affect the fulfillment of their objectives.
7. Verifying that the controls for Ministry processes and activities are appropriate, minimize risks, undergo permanent improvement and are followed by those responsible for their application.
8. Advising the Ministry and leading personnel regarding the state of the Internal Control System of the Ministry, keeping them informed about identified weaknesses and faults in compliance.
9. Serving as the Technical Secretary of the Coordinating Committee for the Internal Control System of the Ministry.
10. Serving as a communication channel between external control entities and the different offices of the Ministry.
11. Supporting the leading personnel with respect to the decision-making process, in order to obtain expected results.
12. Verifying the processes related to handling resources, goods and information systems within the Ministry and recommending necessary improvements.
13. Evaluating and verifying the application of citizen participation mechanisms designed by the Ministry, and the operation of the Citizen Participation Group, according to the norms that regulate the matter.
14. Reporting to the Director of the Administrative Department of the Presidency of the Republic, as well as to control entities, regarding any possible acts of corruptions and irregularities found within he exercise of its duties.
15. Any other assigned duties.