Internal Control System
Definition of System Objectives
The Internal Contract System will guarantee proper compliance with the mission of the Ministry of Mines and Energy through the implementation of objectives and specific goals established by the Ministry or indicated in Development Plans, Indicative Sector Plans and Sector Plans. This implies complying with policies indicated by the National Government and making sure that the management of the entity will respect all manner of norms in order to maintain its legality.
In this sense, it is important that management must be undertaken within the principles of efficacy, efficiency, equity, economy and respect for environmental regulations. In addition, the Internal Control System is also responsible for protecting the use of entity resources and assets as well as, in general, enabling an increasingly transparent administration.
Each of the tasks described is an essential part of the guarantees that a State must give its citizens, in terms of the best provision of different services related to the mining and energy sector.
This common objective can be put in practice through the following specific objectives:
- Achieving compliance with the mission of the entity through the fulfillment the objectives and goals set by the Ministry of indicated in Development Plans, Indicative Sector Plans and Sector Plans. This implies, in addition, complying with the policies indicated by the National Government.
- Guaranteeing that management of the Ministry will be consistent with all manner of norms. In other words, the legal status of its management.
- Guaranteeing that management will take place within the framework of the principles for efficacy, efficiency, equity an respect for environmental norms.
- Protecting the assets and resources of the Ministry.
- Achieving transparent management.
- Each of these objectives is an essential part of the guarantees that a State must give its citizens, in terms of the best provision of different services related to the mining and energy sector.