Carlos David Beltrán Quintero
Director of Hydrocarbons
He is a Civil Engineer from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana with a Master's Degree in Energy Studies from Sheffield University.
He has significant knowledge and experience of the planning and management of infrastructure projects as well as in carrying out consulting studies for public and private entities.
His link to the National Planning Department (DNP) lasted for eight years, five of which included his role as an advisor to the Director of Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy. Since December 2012, he has served as an Advisor to the Office of the Minister of Mines and Energy.
Duties Article 15. Office of the Director of Hydrocarbons: The duties of the Office of the Director of Hydrocarbons are:
1. Preparing and proposing to the Vice-Minister of Energy the guidelines supporting the formulation of policies for hydrocarbons, gas and biofuel.
2. Projecting plans, programs and projects for developing the hydrocarbons, gas and biofuel sectors, consistent with national development plans and National Government policy.
3. Projecting the technical regulations for exploring, extracting, producing, transporting, refining, distributing, processing, selling and exporting hydrocarbons, gas and biofuel.
4. Preparing technical documents that will support the establishment of prices and rates for gasoline diesel fuel (ACPM), biofuel and combinations of the above.
5. Issuing transport regulations for crude oil pipelines (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
6. Supervising projects and goals within the sector according to national development plans and sector plans.
7. Issuing opinions on legal stability and free zones, related to the sector of hydrocarbons and supervising existing Legal Stability Contracts.
8. Managing projects for providing domestic utility gas services through the Special Fund's Contribution Fee and the General System of Royalties.
9. Drafting administrative acts for assigning the resources of the Special Fund's Contribution Fee.
10. Providing technical support to gas fuel companies in order to solve conflicts related to subsidies.
11. Providing technical support to gas fuel companies in order to solve conflicts related to subsidies.
12. Issuing the administrative act for assigning the maximum volumes for distribution in border areas and distributing them, directly or through third parties, according to the methods and processes established for this purpose, according to Article 9 of Law 1430 of 2010 or any norms that may modify or replace it (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
13. Drafting the Continuity Plan for its approval by the Minister.
14. Reviewing the Expansion Plan for the pipeline network and issuing the resolution that adopts said plan for its approval by the Minister.
15. Supervising the application of the Expansion Plan for the pipeline network and the Continuity Plan, as well as proposing necessary revisions and adjustments, in order to fulfill the proposed goals and objectives.
16. Approving the requirements and obligations for the parties involved in the distribution chain of liquid fuels, biofuels and vehicular use gas.
17. Managing the information system of the fuel distribution chain (SICOM) and indicating the obligations and reports of the parties involved in the distribution chain for liquid fuels, biofuel and vehicular use gas, with respect to the same.
18. Declaring the fulfillment of the requirements that foreign companies must meet in order to establishing branches within Colombia.
19. Issuing certificates of exclusive dedication to any hydrocarbon industry companies that may require them.
20. Carrying out the liquidation of the tax for the transportation of oil and natural gas through pipelines (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013)
21. Supervising and controlling concessions for exclusive service areas involving natural gas and the concession contracts for natural gas.
22. Carrying out the liquidation of the payments made to the Special Fund for Scholarship and Financial Aid of the Ministry of Mines and Energy (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
23. Any other assigned duties.
24. Establishing the requirements and obligations for the parties involved in the distribution chain of liquid fuels, biofuels and vehicular use gas, notwithstanding the regulation duties that were reassigned to the Commission for the Regulation of Energy and Gas (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
25. Verifying that the requests for obtaining the exemptions of the Petroleum Code or any other modified or replacement norms refer to the specifics corresponding to the materials imported with then downstream sector, including fuels and other products derived from oil (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
26. Seeking compliance with the legal, regulatory and technical norms related to the exploration and extraction of hydrocarbons, as long as these duties have not been delegated to other entities (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
27. Seeking compliance with the legal, regulatory and technical norms related to the refinancing, import, storage, transport and distribution of fuels, exception for automobile and river-based service stations, as long as these duties have not been delegated to other entities and notwithstanding those which must be undertaken by other authorities (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
28. Carrying out investigations and sanction processes as established by Decree 4299 of 2005 or any other norms that modify or replace it, except for automobile and river-based service stations (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
29. Establishing supply plans as well as social and labor retraining programs for individuals who carry out fuel distribution without respecting legal norms in border areas (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
30. Establishing the methodology and setting as well as reviewing the rates for pipeline transportation (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
31. Establishing general criteria for collecting and paying transportation taxes for gas and oil pipelines (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).
32. Undertaking the necessary studies for establishing exclusive service areas for the domestic utility distribution of fuel gas and enter into the respective contracts with the providers chosen to supply service within said areas (Modified by Decree 1617 of 2013).