- Properly formulating and adopting policies, plans, programs, projects, regulations and guidelines for the mining and energy sector, according to the directives of the National Government.
- Efficiently addressing requests from citizens, industry and interested parties, for the sake of developing and strengthening the mining and energy sector on a national scale.
- Strengthening the skills and development of Public Servants in order to improve their performance and the compliance of the products and/or services provided by the entity.
- Guaranteeing the timely and efficient management of financial, administrative and technological resources for complying with quality goals using criteria for transparency and austerity.
- Guaranteeing the functionality and performance of the management system in order to achieve continuous improvement of entity processes with criteria for efficacy, efficiency and effectiveness.